Sunday, June 16, 2024

Advice

You should only flip meat once,

Turn pancakes after the bubbles start to pop,

And always cook eggs on low.

Get those shoulders back,

Walk with your head high,

And if you are happy, tell your face.

Keep your eyes on the road,

Don't swerve to miss animals,

And never drive over five in parking lots

Flip your wrist when you shoot,

Lean into the curve,

And don't reach over the bar.

Keep your tongue in your mouth,

Your hands to yourself,

And when I come down those stairs,

Those feet better be on the floor!

No one can make you angry

Unless you let them.

Remember the past,

Dream about the future,

But live today.

Get off the phone.

Be home by midnight.

Get an education.

Show some respect!

Help your mother.

Smile.

Be nice.

Set high goals.

Are you listening?


Well, Chuck, I can't say that I have always listened to you in the past,

but today I did the one thing you've been telling me to do for years...

I married my best friend.

Thanks for the advice. I love you, Dad.



No comments: